Positives and negatives of Learning Online This COVID-19 Pandemic
As a classroom teacher then, now online self-help guide to my select and lucky angels, well, everyday hurdle may be tough, challenging and, sometimes, taxing to the psyche. Yes, don't assume all my learners have the capability to coping up simply because will not have the needed technology like android cellphone, iPad, desktop, laptop or any sexual affair educational tools a number of the lucky few have.
Well, given the said situation, I, first, believe that parents could do something worthwhile for their kids' education by exerting all efforts to possess a functional cellphone suitable for an online class. However, you can find varied reasons why some parents would not have the opportunity to provide their children such simply because of poverty, joblessness, insufficient education or motivation keeping up with current trends in education set up and delivery of learning especially this COVID-19 pandemic.
Anyway, you will find pros and cons of online education, especially for blended learning, for kids and parents alike.
1. Kids can have enough navigating the different applications around in an attempt to getting lessons absorbed, utilized for their daily grind.
2. Parents can easily see how their kiddos are employing their learning time. They may even help them budget time so as to do all task taking place sans getting other tasks forgotten. Teachers, much like me, are sending home guide for his or her students, becoming reference, for subjects being taken for the specific time, which has a quantity of minutes included.
3. Kids can present their skills in making use of the world wide web, say in researching for a story to read, an image to write an essay on, and information about important events ever especially during holidays and also other commemorative exercises in Social Science subjects, to cover one.
4. Parents have the time to assist their kids using task in reading and writing, likewise the issues their kids encountering in numeracy, science and the like.
5. Kids also have the time to get more talkative in front of their camera or what while answering questions, sharing stories as well as other activities where speaking will be the target especially on what they express themselves, with certainty minus the face to face interactions.
6. Parents, mostly, have the possiblity to learn too, sort of creating a writeup on their previous schooling; needless to say, with updated info where irrelevant ones ended up changed to right one, particularly with Science subjects, say amount of planets, and so on.
7. Kids in addition have the opportunity to become world citizens learning everything about the internet of products and collaborating with learners around the globe. Yes, teachers should have a pal teacher from another country, say a Science class in the Philippines co-learning with Science class in USA regarding the different landscapes during winter, and, obviously the sunny weather inside the Philippines. With videos, photos and so on, both learners of these two countries could become familiar with a lot from each slide presentation shared through Google Meet, Zoom meeting, among other technological tools befitting for this purpose.
1. Children with no reliable net connection remain behind in relation to distance education. However, with modules available around; well, everyone has the opportunity to learn the concepts, samples and deep learning when a conscientious teacher implements enrichment or remediation programs if you're in need of those. Yes, creativity is the vital thing toward providing every one of the learning the opportunity to kids facing technological challenges in online learning. Besides lacking those gadgets like android cellphone, lappie or desktop, internet load also gets to be a hindrance, for who are able to afford such when parents are jobless, in dire poverty and also you determine what.
2. Parents suffer stress even more when their kids can't keep pace making use of their peers, neighbors in competition making use of their kids, along with other scenarios about unequal opportunities, a sad reality majority during my class is assigned to this case wherein preserving the Juans is impossible to accomplish.
3. Kids, those who find themselves enterprising and, resort to online cheating. Yes, you will find there's group chat where solutions to modules are being uploaded and a lazy bone will just copy paste those and viola, obtain the perfect score, the buzz later just like highest honors and so on. My dear, this sorry condition of education is actually a proving ground for future leaders who won't do sane things but to self-aggrandizement, etc.
There you have it. If however you be without any such challenges, you are fortunate enough coping track of all these challenges, and would emerge victorious having continuity of learning amid this difficult time. However, grit, resiliency and perseverance, could be our saving grace when facing these glaring realities. No matter what challenges are in our way toward teaching/learning journey, were always expecting the top result through our very best effort. Keep head high, always. Keep safe, sane along with a saint. Cheers!
More information about online learning go to see our webpage