How To Download & Install Minecraft On Windows 11 (2 Methods)
When Microsoft launched Windows 11, it claimed that the operating system would be favored by gamers. This is true to some extent , as it comes with many games-related features. A few years ago, Microsoft launched a new game subscription service called Xbox Game Pass.
Xbox Game Pass is a subscription service that provides both free and premium games. With just one subscription, you can access a wide range of premium games for no cost.
Minecraft was recently added to the Xbox Game Pass library. This allows users to play all three Minecraft games on a PC with a single subscription. If you're interested in playing Minecraft on your Windows 11 PC, you are on the right track.
In this article, we will provide the best ways to download & install Minecraft on Windows 11. Let's take a look.
About Minecraft Launcher
If you wish to play Minecraft on Windows 10 and Windows 11, you would need to download & install the Minecraft Launcher. Minecraft launcher is essentially an open-source launcher that runs three different editions of Minecraft -
- Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) - Minecraft: Java Edition - Minecraft Dungeons
Without the Minecraft launcher users would have to access these three games independently from the official website. If you own an Xbox Game Pass, you can download the Minecraft launcher and gain access to the three games of Minecraft for free.
Steps to Download and Install Minecraft on Windows 11
You can rely on the Microsoft Store to download & install Minecraft on your system. Here are a few easy steps you must follow.
1. First, open the Windows 11 Search and type into Microsoft Store. Next, choose Microsoft Store from the drop-down menu.
2. In the Microsoft Store, search for Minecraft Launcher.
3. From the list of results, click the Minecraft Launcher
4. On the next screen, click on the Get button.
5. You must wait for the game to download. Once it is downloaded, click the Play button to play the game.
6. You will be asked to sign into your Microsoft account using an Xbox Game Pass subscription.
7. There are three Minecraft titles in the left pane. You must select the title and then install the game.
That's it! You are done. This is how you can download and install Minecraft on Windows 11 operating system.
2. You can download and install Minecraft from its official website
This method will allow us to use Minecraft's official website to download and install Minecraft on Windows 11. Here are a few simple steps you need to follow.
1. The first step is to visit this site and click on the Games option.
2. In the drop-down menu, click on Minecraft.
3. Click on the Try it Free option on the next page, as shown below.
4. On the Try Minecraft for free page Click on the Windows operating system.
5. Welcome to my hut will allow you to access the Xbox Store. Click on the GET Free Trial option as shown below.
That's it! You are done. This is how you can download and install Minecraft on Windows 11.
Installing Minecraft is fairly simple on Windows 11. These two methods can be used to install Minecraft on Windows 11. I hope you found this article useful. Please share it with your friends too. If you have any questions regarding this please let us know via the comment box below.