from the Office of the Provost
Throughout the pandemic, Baylor’s commitment has been to the health and safety of our family. Since the spring of 2020, the University has chosen to take actions that align with the most up-to-date health recommendations. Guidelines for the Fall 2021 semester include:
- Everyone is required to wear a mask in classrooms and labs.
- Everyone who is unvaccinated is required to be tested twice weekly throughout the semester. For more information about Baylor’s testing program, please visit Baylor’s COVID site at https://www.baylor.edu/coronavirus. To confirm your exemption from this testing, upload your vaccination record to https://www.baylor.edu/vaccine.
- Vaccinations are available for students at the Baylor Health Center. Please call 254-710-1010 to make an appointment or https://www.baylor.edu/healthservices/.
- The symptoms for the Delta variant look very similar to the original COVID symptoms but include headaches, sinus congestion, sore throats, and a runny nose. If you feel sick, please contact the Baylor Health Center to be tested as soon as possible, at 254-710-1010 or https://www.baylor.edu/healthservices/.
- Please have a plan in place in case you get sick with COVID or are asked to isolate or quarantine. Baylor will provide limited assistance, but it is in your best interest to have your own plan in place.
We all want to return to a normal fall semester with more in-person events and traditions; vaccinations and face masks help the entire Baylor community to stay healthy.